Photo by Mary Torregrossa
SPECTRUM SPECIAL EDITION What's Next?

Sunday, November 15, 2020

Taylor S Winchell

Daylight

 

I’ve been trying to talk to the stars all day

but they’ve been hiding.

There’s a lesson there I’m sure 

but I’m tired of lessons.

I’ve wasted so many days 

learning how to live. 

Is it okay to be bad sometimes? Or forgotten?

How many people have ever been stabbed with a knife?

Or made a snowball and smiled?

I’ve always known what I wanted to be.

Do you know what that is?

Myself.

We spend so few days

learning how to die,

or what it means to be forgotten,

or what it means to forget.

Close your eyes, stand in an apple orchard

and pick a ripe one.

Bite it.

Do you know what comes next?

The rest of your life.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kal-El Ramirez

Photo by Coco The World  I see the world  as a so-so place  yeah you’ve got –   new tech, new cars,  phones, computers  but then you have – ...