Photo by Mary Torregrossa
SPECTRUM SPECIAL EDITION What's Next?

Sunday, November 15, 2020

Jeffry Michael Jensen


THE NEXT NO EXIT IS NEAR

The murmuring corpses of Minnesota flew economy class to Florida.
Pleasure has been decomposing for decades.
I’ve become a reference librarian who is an overripe banana.
There is something sad and funny about being a doorman
who tries to label all the whores wheeled into the lobby.
After 8 months of telecommuting, all this poet has learned
is that he loves rum and mint chocolate ice cream before bed.
I can see a natural rush propel me powered by wild cats.
John Brown is standing close to the historic itch.
Malcolm X is looking at the computer cookies that overflow Harlem.
Machine guns are pumping slaughter into the White House zone.
I talk to someone known as Homer before he has found
a runaway ship to escape on the rub-a-dub pirate womb tub.
All journeys lead to the address that beyond Sartre gummed sex.
Ravishment is as absurd as unbearable is a bumper of exhaustion. 
The frenzy lost to all Pasadena poets leaves no exit to extreme persuasion.
I left a Sunday in December to stammering the unnerving clucks of terrified anticipation.
The next of everything can only be nullified by emergency murmuring.
Without an exit at hand, I find all creative shaking has been
spiraled to the next hidden world expanding inside my anti-microbial melting head.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kal-El Ramirez

Photo by Coco The World  I see the world  as a so-so place  yeah you’ve got –   new tech, new cars,  phones, computers  but then you have – ...