Photo by Mary Torregrossa
SPECTRUM SPECIAL EDITION What's Next?

Sunday, November 15, 2020

Patrick Thomas Jeffries

WHAT’S NEXT?

Go ahead and bring it near!

Fuck anticipation that succumbs to Fear!

For I am stacking bricks like the wolf is near

With all of the mad urgency and intimacy of cutting off my ear

Oh you can bet I am "playing it by ear"

Like I’ve got The Word and only I can hear

Y’all still here?

I would pound that beer

If Tomorrow wasn’t already here

The sorrow I borrow piercing Misery’s heart with my spear

I am not talking about pickles, unless we got the meat and bread

I refuse to live like "The Walking Dead", instead I beat my chest

Like James Cagney going up in flames

"On top of the world!"  Busting through my chains

Finding Everything the same in change

I can feel like I am within range

Until I awake in the Desert like the last man in the world left

Haunted with the suspension of breath

And it seems like I conquered Death

Terrified that I am alone with my self in a state where it just don’t matter that I gave it my best

I turn as my heart burns, then I see you, and I am infinitely relieved, and grateful I ask:

What’s next? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kal-El Ramirez

Photo by Coco The World  I see the world  as a so-so place  yeah you’ve got –   new tech, new cars,  phones, computers  but then you have – ...