Photo by Mary Torregrossa
SPECTRUM SPECIAL EDITION What's Next?

Monday, November 9, 2020

Innocent Alifa

With my heart next to the moon

From my mother’s uterine wall,

I saw iridescence in moonlight plains

with my heart next to the moon

as I felt joyous strains.


From that time through the ages

and with all my heart next to the plains

through my in-between-ages,

I’ve been strolling with strenuous pains.


I may clearly see the lovely plains

through happen-stance from on high

for the joyous strains

are whispering to me from everywhere.


I relaxed he on the plains

with all my heart next to the moon,

reminiscing all lovely strains

flowed along the weary lane.




Next to moonlight


In my mind, I walk in moonlight

from the bright of light

and in the sight of right

Coming to right in the sight of light;


I see myself resting at noon

but time comes neither right nor wrong in tune

but right overshadows like a croon

and I’m soonest in tune.


My day’s often lit with light

and the crown of right is my light

for to be in the right is to walk  aright

from dawn till night bids well to light.


When I’m walking again in moonlight

by the light of moon thinking aright,

always until it turns to right,

I have to be in the light next to moonlight right.




Before next time is up


As a nestling flying to its nest

I often get tired and need rest

but I wouldn’t rest before the fest

lest I get trapped before next time is up.


I would fly higher to get to my nest

but ere long, I lose my zest

as a crest-fallen nestling with my yellow crest

lest I get trapped before next time is up.


Time’s soon up for the fest

and I weep with little or nothing for my rest;

haste not, rest not, I beat my chest

lest I get trapped before next time is up.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Kal-El Ramirez

Photo by Coco The World  I see the world  as a so-so place  yeah you’ve got –   new tech, new cars,  phones, computers  but then you have – ...